Simple Pumpkin Yogurt, Breakfast or Dessert
- 2 cups nonfat French vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin from the can
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- crumbled granola bar for topping
Homemade Whipped Topping
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- First, get out a medium bowl, mesh strainer, and a cheesecloth or tea towel. Line the strainer with the cloth and set on top of the bowl. Place the yogurt in the cloth, cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Place the thickened yogurt into a medium bowl and add the pumpkin, sugar and spice. Stir well and allow the flavors to come together at least an hour or better, overnight.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin yogurt with granola and have a lovely, healthy snack or holiday breakfast treat.
OR you can keep going and make a creamy dessert:
- Using an electric mixer to whip up the heavy cream on a high speed until it starts to thicken, add in sugar and vanilla. Continue to whip until soft peaks form.
- For a light creamy touch, just add a dollop of whipped cream to the top of your yogurt.
- For full creamy, line the bottom of your serving dish with whipped cream, layer on the pumpkin yogurt, top with a dollop of whip, then finish with sprinkling granola on top.
Share this Recipe